This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds small redskin potatoes boiled just until done
- 8 slices bacon diced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 4 ounces beef stock
- Cut bacon into small cubes then brown until crisp and set aside in the bacon drippings.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper then add onions.
- Mix all ingredients except beef stock and bacon with its drippings then mix very gently using your hands to avoid breaking up the potatoes as much as possible.
- Add beef stock as needed to keep it moist but not swimming.
- Gently mix in bacon and drippings and let set to marinate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve at room temperature or warmer.