Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds small redskin potatoes boiled just until done
- 8 slices bacon diced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 4 ounces beef stock
- Cut bacon into small cubes then brown until crisp and set aside in the bacon drippings.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper then add onions.
- Mix all ingredients except beef stock and bacon with its drippings then mix very gently using your hands to avoid breaking up the potatoes as much as possible.
- Add beef stock as needed to keep it moist but not swimming.
- Gently mix in bacon and drippings and let set to marinate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve at room temperature or warmer.