Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds boneless fish fillets
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 3 cups club soda
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dip fillets in milk then lightly in flour.
- Dust off any excess flour and allow pieces to air dry on waxed paper for 5 minutes.
- Whip pancake mix with club soda to the consistency of buttermilk.
- Beat in the onion powder, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip floured fillets into batter and drop into 425°F oil in heavy frying pan using meat thermometer then brown 4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange cooked fish fillets on a cookie sheet in a 325°F oven until all fish pieces have been cooked in oil.