Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham
- Serves 6
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup ice water
- 2½ lbs raw shrimp
- oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 225°F and warm an ovenproof platter.
- Beat the flour, salt, sugar, egg, 2 t oil, and 1 c ice water in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Shell and devein the shrimp.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Heat 3 inches of oil to 365°F in a heavy pot or skillet.
- Dip each shrimp into the batter and drop into the hot oil. Don't crowd the pot.
- Do a few at a time, frying for about 1 minute or until golden.
- Proceed until all the shrimp are fired, draining each batch and keeping warm on the platter in the oven.
- Serve with chili sauce or tartar sauce.