Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Servings: 8
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 quart (about) Mazola™ oil (or brand of your choice)
- 4 cups fresh okra, trimmed
- In medium bowl combine corn starch, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Sir in water and egg until smooth.
- Pour oil into large skillet, filling no more than ⅓ full.
- Heat oil over medium heat to 375°F.
- Dip okra into batter (stir batter occasionally); fry a few pieces at a time, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.