Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a great starter for vegetarians. It is usually served as mezzeh. Also, it is a main dish for Egyptian Copts "Christians" during their fasting. They use it as a main dish or sandwiched.
- Serves 2 as main dish, 4 as starter.
- Peel and slice eggplant. Soak in salted water to prevent discoloration.
- Heat frying oil and fry eggplant until light brown. Put on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Prepare sauce by putting vinegar and crushed garlic in a jar, close and shake well.
- You can either serve sauce on the side or poured over fried eggplant or you can also serve it with yogurt salad.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature