- Boil potatoes, peel and slightly mash.
- Blend together the green chillies, garlic and ginger to a fine paste.
- Mix together the Potato, onions, ginger and garlic chilli paste, coriander leaves, Sugar, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Heat a little oil and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard crackles, remove from heat and add to the Potato mixture and mix well.
- Make a smooth batter with the Bengal gram flour, salt to taste, cumin seeds,red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add a teaspoon of hot oil when making the batter. Let the batter remain thick.
- Divide the Potato mixture into equal sized portions, the size of a lemon.
- Dip each ball in the batter and deep fry till golden brown in color.