Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mashed potatoes layered with beef
- 1 pound potatoes -- peeled,cooked,mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion -- finely chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium egg -- beaten
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese -- grated
- Mash potatoes with butter and salt.
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion, beef and pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Butter 1 quart casserole.
- Put half of the potatoes in the bottom of the dish.
- Add the meat and cover with the balance of the potatoes. Smooth the surface.
- Cover with the beaten egg and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 350 °F oven until the surface is golden about 30 minutes.