Mashed potatoes with butter and pine nuts
- 2 pounds mealy potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ – ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Peel the potatoes and boil in salted water till tender.
- Mash them, beat in butter and milk, and season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Fry the onion in oil till golden, add the pine nuts, and let them brown.
- Serve the mashed potatoes hot, spread flat on a platter, with the onion and pine nuts on top.