Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mashed potatoes with butter and pine nuts
- 2 pounds mealy potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ – ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Peel the potatoes and boil in salted water till tender.
- Mash them, beat in butter and milk, and season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Fry the onion in oil till golden, add the pine nuts, and let them brown.
- Serve the mashed potatoes hot, spread flat on a platter, with the onion and pine nuts on top.