Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lebanese mashed potatoes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 – 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dried spearmint
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash chopped garlic with salt into a paste; add oil and lemon juice and set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, remove them from cooking water and reserve it.
- Place potatoes in a deep bowl and mash them while they are warm.
- Mix in garlic sauce and a little water from cooking the potatoes.
- Crush dried mint between your palms over the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Served warm or cold.