- Soak the rice in water to cover for 30 minutes; drain.
- Heat a 3 quart pan over medium high heat until hot
- Add the oil and the Onion.
- Cook, stirring until the Onion is lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilies, garam masala, salt, and pepper and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until the mixture is well coated with the oil, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium high heat until the liquid drops to the level of the rice.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer on low until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the rice to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the apricots, nuts, prunes, green onion and coconut over the rice.
- Serve with the plum sauce on the side.
Contributed by Edit
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.