- Brown ¼ cup of sweyweih (½ inch vermicelli pieces) over medium heat in a dry skillet.
- In the rice pan, saute ½ a medium onion (finely chopped) in the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- When the onions are golden, add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, browned sweyweih, and a Maggi chicken bouillon cube.
- Add more salt to taste.
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, bring to boil 3 cups of water.
- Add the soaked rice, salt, and butter.
- Cover, return to a boil.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the water level is at the top of the rice (i.e. not above it).
- Cover again, reduce the heat to low, and continue cooking until all of the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a spoon or fork.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.