In Romanian: Cosulete umplute cu salata de boeuf
- Mix the egg with the butter or lard and the salt.
- Beat well.
- Add the flour and make a dough.
- From this dough, roll out small circles, about ½ inch thick.
- Place each circle in small tart molds.
- Take care to cover well the bottom and sides of the mold.
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake.
- When ready, carefully take the tarts out of the molds.
- Leave them to cool completely.
- You can make these up to two days in advance.
- Then fill them with Beef Salad.
- Cover with mayo and garnish with sliced black olives, roasted or pickled red peppers and slices of hard boiled egg whites.
- Take some parsley and leaving only two or three leaves on the sprigs, arrange the sprigs so as to resemble handles for the basket.
- Arrange the baskets next to each other on a long platter.