Fresh ruby red strawberries give your taste buds a treat. The juice is sweet and tantalizing. Even the aroma of fresh berries excites the palate and prepares the way for a great adventure in eating. Try this recipe as you partake of a fruit that is luscious, beautiful in color, and heavenly in any menu plan. Enjoy!
- Contributed by ©Arleen M. Kaptur March 2002, Author of books and articles on living a simple, rustic lifestyle - and getting the most from each and every day. Excerpt from strawberry/chocolate Recipes by Arleen M. Kaptur
- Arleen Kaptur may be contacted at http://www.arleenssite.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=3502 to view more of her articles.
- 2 cups fresh, hulled strawberries
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 pineapple
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 kiwi fruit
- 1 banana
- 2 oranges
- Beat the egg.
- Place in a pan with the lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and stir gently for 1 minute.
- Set aside to cool.
- Remove the rind from the cantaloupe, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Do the same with the pineapple, kiwi fruit, banana (dipped in a little lemon juice to avoid discoloration), and oranges.
- Wash the strawberries before they are hulled.
- Wash the blueberries in cold water.
- Place in a clear glass bowl so your guests can admire the colors.
- Pour the sauce over the fruit but do not stir.
- Allow to stand for 2½ hours before serving.
- Stir very gently just before serving.