Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chocolate Cupcakes that look like baskets with bows.
- Makes: 14 jumbo cupcakes.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
White frosting Edit
Chocolate Royal icing Edit
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease jumbo muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and soda in a bowl to blend.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 24 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan then remove cupcakes.
White frosting Edit
- Beat butter, sugar, milk and extract in bowl until smooth. Cover.
Chocolate royal icing Edit
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, water and egg whites.
- Beat until combined then beat until icing is shiny and thick.
- Cover icing with plastic wrap.
To decorate Edit
- Ice the side of a cupcake with Royal Icing.
- Using tines of a fork, draw lines through the icing to resemble a basket.
- Set on wax paper to dry.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.
- Spread tops of cupcakes with 3 tbs white frosting.
- Unwrap marzipan.
- Divide in quarters.
- Tint a quarter with a single drop of food coloring.
- Knead until coloring is evenly distributed.
- Roll out to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Cut ¾ inch wide strips to form ribbon.
- Trim ends to resemble ribbon points.
- Cut another strip of marzipan 6 inches by ¾ inch, fold the ends to the center to make a bow.
- Wrap another thin strip around the center of the bow and press on the bottom to seal.
- Repeat with remaining marzipan and food coloring.
- Transfer ribbons to cupcakes, center bows on top of ribbons.
- Serve immediately.