Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tomato basil sauce
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Rachel Ray
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (3 times around the pan)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (2 x 8 oz each) crushed tomatoes, or diced in juice, if you like chunky tomato sauce
- 20 leaves fresh basil, roughly cut or torn
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a deep pan over medium heat.
- When the garlic squeaks, add tomatoes and heat through.
- Stir in basil leaves and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until pasta of choice is cooked until al dente.
- This is enough sauce for up to 1½ pounds pasta.
- To sweeten any tomato sauce, add ½ a minced onion with the garlic and let it soften and sweeten over medium low heat for 10 minutes before adding to tomato products.