Tomato basil sauce
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Rachel Ray
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (3 times around the pan)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (2 x 8 oz each) crushed tomatoes, or diced in juice, if you like chunky tomato sauce
- 20 leaves fresh basil, roughly cut or torn
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a deep pan over medium heat.
- When the garlic squeaks, add tomatoes and heat through.
- Stir in basil leaves and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until pasta of choice is cooked until al dente.
- This is enough sauce for up to 1½ pounds pasta.
- To sweeten any tomato sauce, add ½ a minced onion with the garlic and let it soften and sweeten over medium low heat for 10 minutes before adding to tomato products.