Real shrimp, basil, and skewers cook when they are made and mixed with lemons, brown mustard, garlic, and butter and are great for dinner or lunch, as it keeps a soothing taste with the herbs and seafood.
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- ½ cup minced fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons white pepper
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- lemon zest, optional
- In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter. Blend in lemon juice, mustard, basil, and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper.
- Add shrimp, and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard the marinade.
- Lightly oil grill the grate, and arrange skewers on the preheated grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque. Serve hot and plain over rice or with any seafood but garnish with the lemon zest, if desired.