- Cook the chopped onion, chopped celery, and minced garlic in hot oil till tender but not brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the eggs, spinach, parsley, basil, marjoram, and pepper; add onion mixture.
- Stir in croutons and cheese.
- Drizzle with water to moisten, tossing lightly.
- Set aside if necessary, remove the fell (pinkish red paper-thin layer) from the surface of meat.
- Pound meat to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Spread the stuffing over the roast.
- Roll up and tie meat securely.
- Place roast, seam side down, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest potion of meat.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 325°F oven for 1½ to 2 hours or till meat thermometer registers 150°F.
- Let roast stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- Remove strings.
- If desired, garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and sprigs of fresh marjoram.