Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a basic stock that may be used in place of water in almost any recipe. It's a good way to use up vegetables that less than fresh.
- 7 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and diced
- 1 cup coarsely shredded white cabbage
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- Place all the ingredients in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a simmer, then simmer gently, covered over low heat for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are quite tender.
- Strain the stock.