Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 1 quart, enough for 2 x 8-inch pies.
- 3 cups apple pulp, some skins
- ½ large lemon with peel, ground
- 1 medium orange with peel, ground
- 1 cup seedless raisins, ground
- 1 cup seedless raisins whole
- 1 cup currants (or more raisins)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp cloves
- ¾ tsp allspice (optional)
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp flour (or 1 tbsp arrowroot flour)
- ¼ cup date sugar (optional)
- 1½ tsp rum flavoring (optional)
- Quarter and core apples, but do not peel.
- Grind in old-fashioned meat grinder (food processor makes them too fine), using medium-coarse blade.
- Remove seeds from lemon and orange, grind and add to apples.
- Grind 1 cup raisins.
- Mix all ingredients except rum flavoring in large bowl, stirring in spices and flour, then date sugar if desired.
- Add flavoring and mix again.
- Place in covered bowl or other container with tight lid; refrigerate at least one week before using or canning. (½ inch head space, boiling water bath 20 minutes for pints after water returns to boil, longer for altitudes over 1000 ft). If any jars fail to seal, freeze for later use.
- To freeze after refrigerating for the recommended week, place in clean freezer containers or jars, leaving ½ inch at top.
- Cover with clean lids and place in sharp-freeze section of freezer until frozen.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using.
Nutritional information Edit
¼ cup - 116 calories, 2 diabetic fruit exchanges protein 1, fat 0, carbohydrate 28 grams, 0 cholesterol if salt omitted, ¼ cup contains 7 mg sodium.
[[Category:Mincemeat Recipes [[Category:Vegetarian Recipes