Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- fresh beans
- ½ onion
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ to ½ diced small green pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (optional)
- 2 tsp chicken broth granules
- Soak the beans over night, or bring water to a boil, turn off the stove and let the beans sit for an hour.
- Discard that soaking water and wash beans thoroughly.
- Heat pot, coat the bottom of the pan with a little oil, and refill with water (the oil helps to prevent sticking).
- In addition to onion, add ¼ to ½ diced small green pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp chili powder (Gebhart's, if possible).
- Optionally, add 2 tbsp tomato paste.
- Add 2 tsp chicken broth granules (all of this adds lots of flavor and body to the beans).
- Cook the beans until really soft.
- Turn off the fire, cover and lit stand for an hour.
- In the tropics, the beans will continue to cook!.
For refried beans Edit
- Coat the bottom of an iron skillet or aluminum roaster with coconut oil.
- Add beans and cook until the mix begins to thicken.
- Smash up the beans with a potato masher, or a Cuisinart "Quick Prep" (This is really the only thing the Quick Prep is good for, but boy is it good for this!!) Add 1 can Salsa Casera, and continue to cook until the beans thicken to the right consistency.