Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 pounds frozen or dried Melokiyah
- 1 Onion, cut in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-5 cardamom grains
- 5 pound Chicken ( or 2 smaller chickens)
- 15-20 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tb coriander powder
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- cooking oil
- cooked rice
- Boil water with Onion, salt, bay leaf and cardamom tied in a muslin bag, then add the Chicken and cook until tender. Remove Chicken, cut into neat joints and fry.
- Discard the muslin bag and mash the Onion. Boil the soup stock, add the melokiyah, adjust the seasoning and simmer for 3–5 minutes. Do not overcook, as the melokiyah will lose its ability to be suspended in the broth and fall to the bottom of the pot.
- Mix crushed garlic with salt and coriander (ta’liya) and fry until golden. Toss into the boiling melokiyah and simmer for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Place the cooked rice at the bottom of the serving bowl, add a piece of Chicken and cover with the soup.