Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here is a reliable, mildly flavored recipe which can be adapted to your needs.
Basic Meatloaf or Meatballs from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes—simmered meatballs, 45 minutes—simmered meatloaf, 45 minutes baked meatballs, 1 hour 15 minutes baked meatloaf
- 2 tbsp dry bread or cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ lb ground beef or veal
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil or margarine
- 2 slices onion
- Combine crumbs and water in small mixing bowl.
- Add meat, minced onion, egg, and seasonings.
- Mix until well blended.
- Form into patties, 1-inch meatballs, or a loaf.
- Brown in oil or margarine in skillet, turn to brown both sides.
- Add sliced onion, lower heat, cover and simmer for at least 15 minutes, 30 minutes for meatloaf.
- You also can bake at 350 °F.
- For meatballs, bake 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- For meatloaf, bake 1 hour.
- Can be frozen raw or cooked.