Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Preheat oven to 400 °F Grease an 9x9" baking pan.
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Mix the cornmeal and milk in a small bowl so the cornmeal can soak while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and the Sugar.
- Mix the egg and oil together well and stir into the cornmeal.
- Add the cornmeal to the flour and stir to moisten.
- Don't overmix! Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Bake only until golden brown.