Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Simple basic use of boudain sausage to make into boudain balls.
- 2 lbs boudain sausages
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Remove boudain from casing; mix in fresh chiles.
- Shape mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball or smaller.
- Dip in beaten egg mixture and then into seasoned bread crumbs.
- I like to either use a large bowl with the bread crumbs in it and tossing 10 balls in it at a time and"tossing" to coat.
- Best to coat only as many balls as you can fry at one time; seasoning gets soggy if allowed to sit.
- Or, put bread crumbs in a large plastic bag, add balls, and"shake".
- Heat approx 1½ inch of oil in a large, heavy bottomed (cast iron is excellent) skillet.
- Deep fat fry balls at 375°F (temp may be lowered, but no lower than 345°F) until golden brown, about 10 minutes per batch.
- Drain on paper towels.