- Rinse beans and discard any stones.
- In a large pot, soak beans overnight in water with baking soda, oregano, cumin and green pepper.
- The next day, add onion, garlic, olive oil, cider vinegar, sherry and salt to the water and cook on medium-low heat for about 3 hours or until the beans are very tender and liquid is reduced and somewhat thickened.
- Make sure liquid in pot does not entirely boil away.
- To prevent beans from burning, add more water when necessary.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.