Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Steep the milk with a piece of onion or garlic and a bay leaf for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a minute.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- For thick béchamel, use ratio of 2 tablespoons butter + 2 tablespoons flour for 1 cup / 250 ml milk.
- For very thick béchamel for soufflé base: 3 tablespoons butter, 5 tablespoons flour, 1 cup / 250 ml milk. It makes the soufflé more stable.