Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6.
- Place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and gradually add the warm water, mixing to form a stiff dough.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes then form into 8 balls.
- Flatten with the palm of your hand so they measure about 7.5 cm / 3-inches in diameter and are about 18 mm / ¾-inch thick.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, add the arepas and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden, turning 3 or four times.
- Remove them from the pan and drain on kitchen paper then transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.