Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Basbousa with almonds
- 2¼ cup water
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup blanched almonds
- ¾ cup semolina
- whole blanched almonds
- whipped cream
- ½ cup butter
- Bring water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- Chop almonds fine and fry them in hot butter together with semolina until golden.
- Add hot syrup slowly stirring constantly over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Let it cool.
- Pour into individual greased molds.
- Unmold and serve warm.
- Decorate with almond and dollop of cream.