Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine sugar and buttermilk in a large bowl.
- Combine the semolina, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add semolina mixture to buttermilk mixture, mix well, then add melted butter, and mix well.
- Spray an 11x7 inch pan with cooking spray, pour in the mixture; you may also use a 13x9 inch pan, and bake for 25 minutes instead of 30.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, pour sugar syrup over it while still warm.
- This is usually served with tea or coffee.
- Combine sugar, water and juice of half a lemon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, mixture should thicken when it cools.