Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Semolina cake with honey and lemon
- Peel the lemon with a potato peeler to get flat strips of peel.
- Juice the lemon.
- Bring the sugar, water, and lemon juice to a boil.
- Throw in the rind of the lemon.
- Boil until the lemon rind is hard or the mixture is a runny syrup consistency.
- Add the honey.
- Set aside while you make the basboosa.
- Mix the semolina, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add the oil and mix until all the batter is well blended.
- Grease a large cookie sheet tray (10 x 16 inches).
- Add the milk just before you are about to bake.
- Dot the mixture into the greased pan by spoonfuls.
- Level the mixture with your hand (dipped in milk).
- Shake the tray to level.
- Bake for ½ hour at 350°F.
- Cut into squares and return to the oven for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the basboosa immediately after you remove it from the oven the last time.