Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and meat, cook until well browned.
- Add broth, barley, thyme and salt; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about one hour or until barley and meat are almost tender.
- Add mushrooms and kale or other greens.
- Cover and cook 5–10 minutes more, until kale is cooked and meat and barley are tender.
Note: A like amount of chard, spinach, collards or other greens may be substituted for the kale.