Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 quart chopped green tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1½ cups chopped white onions
- 5 cups chopped cabbage
- ⅓ cup salt
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole mixed pickling spice
- Combine vegetables and mix with salt.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain and press in a clean, thin white cloth to remove all liquid possible.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and add spices tied in a bag.
- Bring to a boil then add vegetables and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove spice bag then pack into pint jars to within ½ inch of top and seal.
- Process for 5 minutes.