- ⅓ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce, fish sauce and mirin
- 2 tbsp tamari or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp each vegetable oil and sesame oil
- ½ tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- ½ each red and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or white
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Whisk stock with oyster sauce, fish sauce, mirin, tamari, sugar and garlic; reserve heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a wok or deep skillet set over medium-high heat; add hot pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add egg and tip pan to make a thin omelette.
- Cover and cook for 2 minute or until set.
- Using a spatula, fold over omelette and slide out of pan.
- Add remaining oil to the pan.
- Stir in onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until softened and becoming brown.
- Increase heat to high and add peppers; stirring occasionally, cook for 3 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add snow peas and reserved liquid mixture; boil for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced and syrupy.
- Add rice and green onions and cook, tossing, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add egg and toss.
Nutritional information Edit
- 227 calories | 7g protein | 8g fat | 32g carb | 3g fibre