Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 x 4-lb leg of lamb
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp herbes de Provence
- coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp, narrow knife, make numerous, deep slits into the flesh of the lamb.
- Stuff the garlic slices into the slits.
- Brush the lamb with the olive oil; rub with the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Set the lamb on one side of the barbecue; close the lid.
- Turn the heat off on the side of the barbecue the lamb is sitting on; leave the other side set to medium-high.
- Cook the lamb, turning occasionally, until the desired doneness is achieved; 65 to 75 minutes should cook the lamb to medium, medium rare.
Nutritional information Edit
- 231 Calories | 11.1g Fat | 0.8g Carbs | 0.2g Fiber | 50mg Sodium