Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- ½ cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tablespoon sugar substitute, heat-stable
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds turkey, thighs
- brown rice
- In a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker combine ketchup, sugar substitute, tapioca, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cinnamon, and red pepper.
- Place turkey thighs meaty side down on ketchup mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer turkey to a serving dish.
- Pour cooking juices into a small bowl; skim off fat.
- Serve turkey with cooking juices and, if desired, hot cooked rice.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 225 | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 444mg | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Total Fat: 6g | Carbs: 12g | Sugars: 3g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Protein: 30g
- Exchanges: Other Carb: 1 | Lean Meat: 4 | Fat: 1
- Carb Choices: 1