Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, plus additional if needed
- 3 cups peeled, diced all-purpose potatoes ( 1/2-inch pieces)
- 8-oz. pkg. tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
Stir in 1 cup broth, potatoes, tempeh, oregano and salt. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat slightly and cook gently until potatoes are barely tender, about 8 minutes. (There should be a little liquid left in the pan; if not, stir in additional broth or water by the tablespoon.)
Stir in barbecue sauce and simmer uncovered until liquid is like a thick gravy, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, at least 10 minutes. Reheat briefly and serve hot.