Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 wooden* or metal skewers
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Spicy rice
- Spicy rice:
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup minced red pepper
- 1 jalapeño or Serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Thread Shrimp on skewers.
- To broil in oven, place on broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Brush with barbecue sauce. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 4 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Broil 2 to 4 minutes longer or until Shrimp are done.
- To cook on outdoor grill, brush with barbecue sauce, cook skewered Shrimp over hot coals 4 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Grill 4 to 5 minutes or until Shrimp are done.
- Cook onions, carrots, red pepper and jalapeño pepper in oil in large skillet over medium-high until tender crisp.
- Stir in rice, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce and pepper sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with Barbecued Shrimp.