Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 4 sides lean back ribs or spareribs
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- ½ cup strong black coffee
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tbsp tabasco sauce
- Trim fat from ribs; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place, rib side up, on rack in a covered barbecue grill.
- Cook 60 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place onions and lime slices on meaty side of ribs for the last 20 minutes.
- To make sauce, combine remaining ingredients.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until ribs are tender.
- Continue to brush ribs with sauce as they cook.
- Ribs may be cooked in a 400°F oven.
- Follow same directions as above.