Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 – 15 minutes (could be a day if you are one to prepare ahead)
Cook time: 10 – 15 minutes
This recipes is incredibly easy and quick to make, not to mention absolutely delicious!
- 2 portobello mushrooms, caps only (basically 1 – 2 caps per person)
- 2 generous slabs of Bulgarian or Greek feta (1 slab per mushroom cap)
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (2 sprigs, or so per mushroom cap)
- olive oil, a generous amount
- Bruise the rosemary sprigs
- Marinate the feta slabs in olive oil with the rosemary springs for as long as you can stand, up to one day
- Remove the stems from your portobello mushrooms and keep the caps (you can keep the stems, frozen, for later use in Fridge-cleaner Vegetable Stock)
- Brush the caps with olive oil
- Place a piece of feta in each mushroom cap
- Distribute bruised rosemary sprigs (from the marinade) on each cap (2 sprigs per cap, but feel free to go nuts and add more)
- Slather each cap in a generous amount of olive oil
- Place the prepared mushroom caps on your hibachi (or gas-powered "man" grill)
- Barbecue until it smells too good to resist, or the cheese is melted — feta just doesn't melt much