Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Thai dish with Chinese origin, simple, not too spicy and easy to make. When I was in Thailand I found this was a hugely popular meal with streetside vendors. I will add a few accompaniments which go rather well with this meal.
Barbecued pork Edit
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 kg pork belly strips
- 1 lb fragrant rice, rinsed and drained
Chilli and vinegar sauce Edit
Salty sauce Edit
- 450 ml pork stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut into inch long lengths
- a few fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped.
- Prepare the marinade by combining the tomato purée, soy sauces and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the pork belly strips and stir well to coat evenly in the sauce.
- Leave to marinate for about 2 hrs.
- Cook the rice, drain and set aside.
- Place the marinated pork belly strips on a barbecue or under a preheated grill, turning them from time to time until cooked through.
- While the pork is cooking, make the sauces.
- For the chill and vinegar sauce, combine the ingredients and set aside.
- For the salty sauce, heat the stock in a saucepan, add all the ingredients except the rice flour and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the rice flour over the liquid and whisk gently until the sauce thickens.
- Cut the pork into very thin slices (as thin as ham is best although unless your skilled with a knife you may not get those results, but as thin as possible will do fine).
- Put a heap of rice on each serving plate and top with slices of the pork.
- Pour over a good helping of the salty sauce, and garnish.
- Serve with the chilli and vinegar sauce.