Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agricultural, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6-8
- 1 x 2½ – 3 pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt) or sirloin
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 – 8 sandwich buns
- Cut roast into 2-inch cubes; place in 3½ – 4 quart slow cooker with onion and barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce and marmalade.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours, until tender.
- Remove pork and onions from slow cooker with slotted spoon.
- Shred pork and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water and add this mixture to juices in slow cooker, stirring to blend well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 minute; return the pork to slow cooker and heat through, on high for 10 minutes.
- Serve on sandwich buns.