Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound smoked country-style link sausage
- ½ cup water
- 1 x 16-ounce can cut green beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon drippings
- ¾ cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1½ teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Cover and cook sausage in water about 5 minutes.
- Remove from water and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Drain beans, reserving liquid.
- Cook onion in oil.
- Add ½ cup bean liquid, catsup, brown sugar, mustard, smoke flavoring and bouillon cubes.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice; season to taste.
- Cover and continue simmering 20 minutes.