Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 3 Cups (6 Servings)
- 1¼ cups dried lima beans (¼ lb)
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- Place the beans in a soup pot.
- Cover with water; boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Prepare a 1½ quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Combine the beans and the reserved liquid with the remaining ingredients and put in the casserole.
- Cover and bake 1¾ hours.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, adding liquid if the beans seem dry.
Nutritional information Edit
- 157 Calories | 8g Protein | 304mg Sodium | 0mg Cholesterol | 31g Carbs
- Exchanges: 2 Starch/Bread