Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 3 Cups (6 Servings)
- 1¼ cups dried lima beans (¼ lb)
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- Place the beans in a soup pot.
- Cover with water; boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Prepare a 1½ quart casserole with non-stick pan spray.
- Drain the beans, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Combine the beans and the reserved liquid with the remaining ingredients and put in the casserole.
- Cover and bake 1¾ hours.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, adding liquid if the beans seem dry.
Nutritional information Edit
- 157 Calories | 8g Protein | 304mg Sodium | 0mg Cholesterol | 31g Carbs
- Exchanges: 2 Starch/Bread