Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking by the Editors of Favorite Recipes Press
- 4½ cups dried baby lima beans
- ¼ lb salt pork or bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1¼ tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Place beans in large heavy kettle; add 2 quarts water.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover; let stand overnight.
- Bring to a boil again; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Drain beans, reserving 2 cups liquid.
- Render salt pork in skillet.
- Sauté onions and garlic in pork fat; stir mixture into beans.
- Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder, brown sugar and vinegar; stir in reserved liquid.
- Turn into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.