Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If cooking the Chilean sea bass on a charcoal grill, be sure that the fillet pieces are at least 1½ inches thick to ensure that the fish won't fall apart when it is cooked.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 1 lb Chilean sea bass fillet - (to 1½ lbs) bones removed, cut into serving pieces
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- ½ tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
- Rinse the Chilean sea bass with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Set the fish in a shallow dish.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well combined, then pour over the fish, turning the fish so that it is evenly coated.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or the broiler.
- Grill or broil the fish about 4 inches from the heat until well browned on one side, 3 to 5 minutes; brush with more marinade and cook on the other side until the fish is no longer opaque in the center, about 5 minutes longer.