Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp ginger, grated
- 1½ lb chicken, breasts, drumsticks, skinless
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Place it on large platter and brush with half of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven to 350°F and add remaining sauce to chicken.
- Cover chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories 176, Fat 4 g, Carbs 7 g, Sodium 199 mg, Fiber 1 g.