Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 – 15 minutes
Serves: 2 (4 as an appetizer)
I can't remember where I heard of this, but it's absolutely delicious and easy!
- 1 small wheel of camembert (about 4" across)
- 2 – 3 grape leaves (enough to completely wrap your wheelette of cheese)
- olive oil
- baguette or crusty bread
- Brush both sides of cheese wheel with olive oil and sear both sides of the cheese wheel for a visual effect
- Wrap your wheel of camembert in the grape leaves
- Secure the leaves with wooden toothpicks (do NOT use plastic)
- Brush the bottom side of the package with olive oil
- Place the wrapped cheese on your hibachi or barbecue
- Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted on the inside — the grape leaves conveniently keep it from making a real mess
- Serve with slices of baguette or your favourite crusty bread