Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Cousin Bethany’s collection. She tells me she got this recipe from a chef who won a barbecue cook-off in Xenia Ohio in 1968.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ pound bacon, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1½ cups chopped white onions
- 1½ cup bottled chili sauce
- ¾ cup dry roasted pecans, chopped
- 1 rind and pulp from ½ orange
- 1 rind and pulp from ¼ lemon
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan fry the bacon over high heat until crisp.
- Stir in the onions, cover pan, and continue cooking until onions are dark brown, but not burned, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the seasoning mix and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the stock, chili sauce, honey, pecans, orange juice, lemon juice, orange and lemon rinds and pulp, garlic, and Tabasco, stirring well.
- Reduce heat to low; continue cooking about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove orange and lemon rinds.
- Continue cooking and stirring about 15 minutes more to let the flavors marry.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool about 30 minutes, then pour into a food processor or blender and process until pecans and bacon are finely chopped, about 10 to 15 seconds.