Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Yield: makes 2 cups
- dry white wine
- 1 lbs Italian plum tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chile flakes
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2½ tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- In a food processor, puree the tomatoes, and set aside.
- In a 1 ½ quart saucepan, saute the garlic, onion, and chile flakes in wine for 2 minutes.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and remaining ingredients, and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¼-cup serving:
- 32 cals | 0.7g protein | 0.4g total fat | 7.1g carbo | 0mg chol | 0.9g fiber | 95mg sodium | 19mg calcium
- Exchanges: 1¼ vegetable