We had this for dinner last night—from cooking light—and thought it was wonderful. Next time I might add a touch of cayenne :) for a little extra zing.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1½ pounds ground beef, extra lean
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs (I only had Progresso Italian and used them)
- ⅓ cup your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (I left that out—there's enough in the bread crumbs, BBQ sauce for us)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites (I used 1 whole egg)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, and onion, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread remaining barbecue sauce over top of meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 160°.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- calories 203 (24% from fat) | fat 5.4 g (sat 2.2g, mono 2.2g, poly 0.5g) | protein 27.3g | carb 10.5g | fiber 1.1g | chol 61 mg | iron 3.2 mg | sodium 517 mg (with the salt added) | calc 26 mg