Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
We had this for dinner last night—from cooking light—and thought it was wonderful. Next time I might add a touch of cayenne :) for a little extra zing.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1½ pounds ground beef, extra lean
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs (I only had Progresso Italian and used them)
- ⅓ cup your favorite barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (I left that out—there's enough in the bread crumbs, BBQ sauce for us)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites (I used 1 whole egg)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, and onion, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread remaining barbecue sauce over top of meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 160°.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- calories 203 (24% from fat) | fat 5.4 g (sat 2.2g, mono 2.2g, poly 0.5g) | protein 27.3g | carb 10.5g | fiber 1.1g | chol 61 mg | iron 3.2 mg | sodium 517 mg (with the salt added) | calc 26 mg